Friday, June 27, 2008

A Bit of This, A Bit of That

My oldest is trudging along with her broken hand. As least she can still play Guitar Hero......



Hubby went and bought Guitar Hero 80's Edition the other day, so they have been having fun with that.

We also got a new toy for the whole family too........

Let me just say the Wii Fit is WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE it!! Yout get to do so much with it! The youngest one loves doing the yoga on it! I tried it out this morning and did a little running and hula-hooping. Let's hope this is the kick start to help me get back in shape! It keeps track of your weight and time spent on the Wii Fit as well! (I do do other stuff as well besides just the Wii Fit)

And THEN!, yesterday at my oldest's game (we still go watch and support the team) I brought my camera to take pictures and one of the coaches has an older daughter who went to the Brooks Institute and has this amazing lens (pictured below). Well, he saw me taking pictures last weekend and this weekend he brought up the lens for me to use! I was in HEAVEN!! Plus hubby just bought me a 4gb Compact Flash drive for my camera so I had PLENTY of space to store pictures. He said he's going to let me use it tomorrow too. Yippee!!! The quality of the pictures was SO much more amazing than the ones I took with my regular telephoto lens. It also has a hood though, so that might have helped as well. I'm going to get a hood for my lens and see if that helps too. But this is my next purchase, for sure. I am going to save up for it. While I would LOVE to have a sports lens, those are like $6,000 and I certainly don't have the money for that. I'll settle for this, thank you. :)

No comments: