Saturday, September 08, 2007

All Your Saturdays are Out

That's what AYSO should stand for, according to parents, not American Youth Soccer Organization, the official name of it.

Soccer season has started!!

My seasoned veteran.......

She didn't get the number she wanted, #11, like her Aunt Heidi though....

This is her 7th year playing in AYSO, and she did very well, from what I hear. I didn't get to see much of her game because.......

.....we've decided to make our Saturdays even more busy by adding another player to the mix....

I had to take this one to her soccer game, which was around the same time as her sister's game.

Now, for this division, there are no goalies. There is no keeping score. It's basically just watching them take turns going down the field kicking the ball to the little net that's down there. It is totally cute though!! About 1/2 through her game though I had to quit cheering for her out loud because everytime she heard her name she would look at me and not focus on where she was going. She was quite happy to be running with all the other girls and not trying to get the ball. By the end of the game though she was starting to get the hang of it and focusing on the ball, not all the girls running. It was QUITE cute!! I seriously need to take the video camera next time so I can capture this.

As for my seasoned veteran's game? Sadly they lost. :( Her team has some players who are just enjoying the scenery around them, for the most part and not trying on the field. Sadly for her team that they are probably not going to be high on winning games, but good for my daughter, because she's going to stand out even more as one of the better players. Yes, I am being conceited. My daughter is good. She could be AWESOMELY good, if she loved the game more and wanted to play it all the time, however she doesn't want to and that's why she's not on a club team, and doesn't want to be on a club team.

I'm just glad that next week their games don't overlap too close in times, that I can see most of my eldest's game. I'll just have to miss the last 15 minutes or so. But thank goodness I have a friend who will stay there and bring her to my youngest's game when they are done.

So stay tuned for the results of next week's Saturday......

1 comment:

K said...

I know, LIVE, your dilema, weekly! This Saturday it was me coaching the twins soccer, and dh cheering on K's volleyball. BOTHER. I really don't believe in cloning, but... HA!
Love the pics! :-)