Today was the Student of the Month/Honor Roll Assembly for my eldest, who is now in Junior High.
After they had the awards (of which she received one for being on Principal's Honor Roll, which means straight A's) they had Spirit Day Activities. All the junior high"ers" are divided up into different groups and each group had a certain color t-shirt, which the kids wear, and they play these games that the ASB kids make up and do.
How freaking fun is that?!!!
I remember in Junior High that we had certain activities similar to that, but I also remember the only certain people played them all the time.
Here in her school, all the kids will get a chance to play the games. The teachers of their groups have cards and they go through them and draw names so everyone will get a chance to play.
Normally, the parents do not get to watch these, as it is after the assemblies and the parents have gone for the day, but I was hanging around because I had to help in my youngest's classroom shortly thereafter and it would have been silly to leave and come back in 15 minutes.
So I sat and watched.
All the kids looked like they had fun and they all were into it.
Of course when mine saw me watching from afar, she was trying to get my attention to get me to leave.
Yea, that's what junior high is like.
Parents Not Welcome By Kids.
It's not "cool" to be seen with your parents like that.
Ahhh......it's just the beginning, I tell you!
Oh, and it's not like I do stand around her all the time and invade her "space at school". I let her go off and hang with her friends.
I mean, come on, I probably wouldn't even be there, except for the fact that I have another daughter who goes there and is in KINDERGARTEN, so I need to be there with her.
I was telling my eldest that she spends less time learning now, than she did before. They have 4 classes and then lunch, and then their elective and P.E.
She was like, "Oh yea! That's cool!"
I remember just before she started junior high this year that she was SO nervous about it and didn't want to go. Now she says "It's fun MOM!" (Oh, but don't worry, she still has the "I hate all this homework I have!" "This teacher is mean", etc.)
I'm just glad she's enjoying herself as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment