picture taken by the NavyThis picture was taken yesterday, as our United States Navy entered the Persian Gulf.
I love this picture.
My hubby is on one of those ships.
One of the bigger ones, one of the aircraft carriers.
Seeing pictures like this make me DAMN proud to be a Navy Wife.
When hubby and I got married, he was already in the Navy, but I did know him before he joined the Navy (that story will be for another time).
We will have our 15th wedding anniversary this year.
However, hubby will not be home for it, he will be on one of those ships.
Of course it makes me sad that he's not here.
But I swell up with pride when I see pictures like this, because I know he's out there, doing his job to help protect our county. Even if it is halfway around the world.
Do I get scared? Of course, all the time.
He was over there 4 years ago when the Iraq War started.
And I'm hoping that this deployment will be part of it ending as well.
When it started 4 years ago and I knew that he was over there, I cried when the war first started. I was scared. I mean, come on, a war was starting and my hubby was over there.
Now granted he was on an aircraft carrier, which makes him a lot safer than being on the ground.
But I was still scared.
After 9/11 happened and I saw the show of support that our United States had for it's country and it's service members, I got all choked up with emotion. When I saw that every house on a street had their American Flag flying, it made me so glad to see that our people came together and supported our troops and rallied for our country. All the stories of people clapping their hands when service members came around, or offered their seat on a plane for them, etc. made my heart fill with pride.
Today, the Iraq war certainly isn't favorable among the majority of the Americans.
But they still support the troops and that makes me so happy. So happy that America has learned from Vietnam, that even though they may not support the war or the reason why we're over there, they still support the troops and are thankful to them for going over there and risking their lives.
I am a Navy wife.
Do I like war? Ummm....no........of course not.
Do I wish that there would be alternate ways to handle things? Oh yes, definitely.
But there are people out there in the world who refuse to compromise. People who want to kill people just because of their skin color. Or their religion.
Is this the only reason a war starts? Of course not.
While I certainly don't like being separated from my husband, I love him tremendously and I love him for serving our country. And so I deal with the hardship of being separated from him.

No comments:
Post a Comment