Thursday, April 19, 2007

"I Miss You So Damn Much"

You think that this is what I would be saying to my hubby because he's away.

Well, I do, but I didn't write this.

This is what my eldest wrote to me in her letter from camp.

This is her first time away from me for more than a night without either me or hubby around.

It's a strange place, she's never been there before, but at least she has her friends there.

She did say she is having fun though, but I can understand her missing me. Because I do miss her. Very damn much. And I miss hubby too, SO damn much.

And now you may be thinking, my 11 year old is writing this to me. 11? And saying "damn" to me and me allowing it?

Yes.

But only in certain contexts.

Like I miss you so damn much.

Or Damn!

When she reaches certain ages, I allow her to say certain words.

But they come with stipulations.

Like she's not supposed to say it around her sister.

Or her grandparents or other adults.

And she's not to use it to say it meanly towards me.

Like, "Damn You".

Or anyone else.

I mean, come on.

I'm not stupid.

I certainly was saying a HELL of a lot worse at her age.

I remember one time coming home from school, me and my friend, we had promised to stop cursing. We wanted to work on talking better.

But then this boy really pissed both of us off.

And we looked at each other and said, "Okay, this ONE time".

And then we both turned and said the exact same thing at the exact same time to this boy, without knowing what the other was going to say.

Let's just say there were two words, and one started with an "F" and the other started with an "A".

Hey, I can have a mouth on me just as bad as a sailor if I really wanted to.

But because I have children, I work really hard at not cursing.

At least not in front of them.

But sometimes it does slip out.

Damn it.

No comments: