Do you believe in dreams? I do. I believe dreams can be a powerful thing.
I have had quite a few dreams in my life that are so vivid that they have stuck with me.
I also believe that your loved ones that have passed o,n can use your dreams to be a pathway to communicate with you. I really do. That is why I believe that there is a heaven and that your soul doesn't die when your body does.
Case in point:
About 5 or 6 months after my grandma had died, I had this dream. In my dream I was at a family gathering and my grandpa was also there. When I looked up behind my grandpa, there was my grandma, standing behind him. I was so shocked to see her! I asked her why I could see her and what was she doing there. She told me that she was there to watch over grandpa and that only he and I could see her. Hubby literally had to wake me up from my sleep because I was crying so hard. Crying for sadness? No, joy because I was able to talk to her again, and I knew she was still there.
That was my first time I had ever had that happen to me. And I truly believe that she came to me in my dream to let me know it was okay. And to realize that she was actually watching over me as well.
It was nearing Christmas that year and I was telling hubby about this train set that used to get set up every Christmas, and how we loved it. He was very interested in it and we both were thinking about seeing if it was still around and if we could possibly have it. It was at my grandma's house (my mom was living there to take care of my grandpa) but no one could find it. My uncle said that I could have it (it was his, growing up after all) if it was still around.
That night I had a dream in which I found the train set in an armoire in the garage at my grandma's house. That next day I called my sister, who was also living there, and told her to go to that armoire in the garage and it would be there. Sure enough, it was there.
Psychic?
No, I think it was my grandma telling me where it was in my dreams.
I knew she was watching over me that night I had to drive up to see my mom, who had just had a massive stroke. I knew my grandma would make sure I got there okay to see my mom.
About six months or so after my mom passed away, I had a dream about her. I was at a family gathering (similar to the one I had when my grandma came to me) and I saw my mom there. My two sisters were there with me too. All 3 of us were able to see my mom and talk with her. And then, almost just as soon as it began, she wanted to give us a group hug because she had to go. She had to go so that she could come back to us again. One second she was giving us a group hug and then the next second, it was just the three of us hugging.
And my last example?
Just happened Thursday night/Friday morning.
I was having a dream that I was on MySpace, on my cousin's site, reading about the birth of her two babies. There was a picture of one of the babies. I kept reading on that she had had some complications with the delivery, but she was okay. I only saw one of the babies. My dream was so vivid, and I was going to keep on reading to find out what happened, but I got awoken by my cell phone going off.
I had a text message from my aunt.
She text messaged everyone to let them know that my cousin had had her babies. My cousin had to be in ICU for a little while, due to excessive bleeding, but she was okay now. And the big surprise? She didn't have two girls like the ultrasound had "supposedly" showed, (but my cousin never wanted to know the sex of the babies, but hubby knew and that's how we all knew), but she had a girl and a BOY (thus the reason I only saw a picture of one baby in my dream. I think I was supposed to see the pictue of the boy in my dream had I not been woken up by my aunt's text message about it).
So the fact that I had a dream very, very similar to what had actually happened, coincidence?
Possibly.
But I believe in the power of dreams.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment