Saturday, February 25, 2006

Girl, You Are Choco-Crazy!

Actually, this post has nothing to do with chocolate....

I was looking at my eldest's BOP magazine, and there were these quizzes to take. One was "Are you a Choco-holic?" And and the end if you were, you were "Choco-Crazy!" LOL!!! Ahhh, that phrase just made me laugh and will probably make me laugh all day long, and I'll probably be saying it all day long, driving everybody crazy all day long!

Ahhhh.....I remember the days of reading Tiger Beat magazine and all those other pre-teen and teen magazines. It was such a fun time! I got so excited when I would see my favorite stars in there with a poster I could tear out and hang on my wall! My eldest? Does the same. She's 10 1/2, although she doesn't hang them up on the wall, she puts them in a binder so they don't get ruined. Mine were up on the wall, in my corner of the room that I shared with my sisters. I had the top bunk bed, so I definitely had more wall space.

My eldest is getting into those years when she is starting to like boys, but it's still just the 5th grade "crush" thing, and it's like, "On a scale of 1 - 20, how much does he like me?" With all the friends going over to the boys and asking that, and back and forth. The time when the boy and girl who like each other don't really do much talking to each other at all. Their friends are the "go-between". I remember when I was in 5th grade, a boy named Mark Newman asked me to go out and I just couldn't give him a decision very easily. If I went out with him, would I have to kiss him? I didn't know if I was ready to kiss a boy yet. Yikes! Well, it turns out that I waited to long to give him an answer, because he ended up asking this girl Martha out, because I'm sure she did kiss. Ahhhh, the drama of being in 5th grade.

And you know.......the drama only gets worse as they grow older. As of right now, my eldest tells me just about everything her and her friends talk about, including boys. I want to keep reiterating to her that she can always tell me everything. I have to try and remember what it was like back when I was her age so that I CAN relate to it better, and not just think of me as THE MOM. Of course I have to be THE MOM when it comes to things she shouldn't do, or can't do, but I try to give her reasons as to why, you know? I just want to be as open as I can with her, and for her to be the same way to me. I want to help guide her through making the right choices, and learn from the wrong ones, and help to avoid some of those wrong ones. I've got a vault full of wrong choices me and my friends have done through the years, to help educate my girls.

You know, we may have made some poor choices growing up, (and just some, really only a few, because I think that we all had such a blast growing up, and all my friends that I have grown up with have turned out to be fabulous people), but we did have a blast!

And it sure is interesting to hear what the new "lingo" is these days as my girls get older. Gotta keep up with the new phrases you know..........

.........because, "Girl, you are Choco-Crazy!!"

No comments: