Thursday, March 20, 2008

A Common Thread


There are about 20+ of us around right now wearing this.
Last month I had the priviledge of co-hosting a baby shower for a wonderful dear friend of mine, Schmoopy, who I have known most of my life. She loves to read and gather information and she came across this tradition: Blessingway. While we didn't go with the exact order of events, we did use some of them. One of them was a birthing necklace in which everyone placed a bead on the string to represent them and their loved ones and she is going to bring this in the delivery room with her as a symbol of our love for her and to give her strength in there knowing that we are all there with her in spirit.
Another one was the string you see above on my wrist. The guests who were invited all have one tied around their wrists and we are to wear it until her precious baby is born. It keeps us all thinking of her until she gives birth.
I, along with all of her friends are so happy that this day is almost here for her. She has had a long journey to this point.
I was talking to her the other day too, about a magazine, Parents. I have subscribed to it for over 11 years and I am now letting my subscription run out, as it is meant more for parents with younger kids and mine are getting a little old for the articles. I have enjoyed it immensely and it has come in handy so much for me. Now she will be getting it. One subscriber giving it up, another one starting out.

No comments: