Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Ahh......Random Things......


Spring is almost here.
Good news on my end, I finished doing that darn yearbook for the girls' school. And it's my last year doing it too. It's just too much stress for me and my family and I need to focus more on me and my family.
And I love gardening.
So in celebration of finishing the yearbook, I went to Lowe's and bought plants for my garden.
I bought two hydrangeas, which are one of my absolute favorite flowers. I remember the huge hydrangea bush in my grandma's backyard. It was always so beautiful. When we sold the house after my mom died, I was able to take some of the clippings from that plant. This plant had been there since my grandma bought the house in 1950. And so far ::::::::::::::crossing fingers::::::::::, my clipping from that hydrangea is still surviving. I kept it in a pot for a couple of years, and then I finally planted it out in my front yard where it is shadier, so I'm hoping it will thrive even more out there and give color to our front yard.
We are almost to the 1/2 way mark of hubby being away and I miss him so much!
I ache for him. I just want him home.
I've never been a particularly patient person when it comes to things I want. And I want him. And even though this is the 7th time we've had to do a deployment, I'm still not a patient person when it comes to this. Obviously I have no choice in the matter and have to deal with it, but it doesn't mean I like it, or am any more patient.
It's Spring Break for the girls and the first week is over 1/2 way done(yes, they get two weeks, lucky for them).

I was supposed to get my new recliner tomorrow, however they made a boo-boo and put someone else's recliner in my box to be shipped. So as of right now, they have absolutely no idea where mine is. It could literally be in Canada for all they know. They hope it's not, because then it could take up to two weeks to get it back. Nice. Oh well, that's our luck when it comes to furniture. We NEVER get it on time. NEVER.
Tomorrow I get to put my new plants in the ground and pots. I can't wait. I love gardening. Oh wait, let me rephrase that. I love putting new plants in the ground. I love watering them. I love seeing them bloom. I hate weeding.
Ahhh, and I get to sleep in a litle bit tomorrow. That'll be nice.

No comments: