We are knee deep in sports around this house these days.
The eldest just finished playing soccer a few weeks ago, and now she's juggling basketball and softball.
The youngest had her first t-ball practice too just the other day. She enjoyed it, but I think she has more fun just running.
And me? Well, I guess I needed to be involved too, so I'm on the softball board for the organization the girls are playing in.
I think we will be eating, drinking and sleeping softball for the next few months.
This evening when we got home and after the eldest and I watched our General Hospital (yes, we watch it and we love it!) I was flipping through the channels and came across a hockey game. The Los Angeles Kings v. New York Rangers. Oh, how I used to LOVE to watch hockey. There was at time where I watched almost every game of a Los Angeles Kings season. I even went to a few hockey games too. Weird, huh, to think of me as a hockey fan. And it's a hard sport to watch too. That hockey puck whizzes by so fast it's hard to keep up at times. I was such a hockey fan that I even collected hockey sports trading cards at one time. And I still have them in storage. Luc Robitaille was by far, my most favorite player. And one of the cutest as well.
Hubby loves to watch football and baseball games too. I enjoy watching football as well. In high school when everyone went to the football games to socialize, I would enjoy watching the game itself as well.
Hubby and I used to watch baseball games together and I would come up with nicknames for the guys on the field. Hubby still watches baseball games though. Every once in a great while I'll sit down for a spell and watch it with him.
Now we just watch our children play sports. I know hubby is so upset that he isn't going to be able to watch the girls play softball. That's one of his favorite sports to watch too. So I'm going to have to tape a couple of their games and send the tapes to him.
Ahhh....I'm tired. Tomorrow is Wednesday and thank goodness we don't have any sports practices to go to. It will be nice to be at home all evening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment