Tuesday, January 15, 2008

My New Best Friends



These are my new best friends.

These are my girls' alarm clocks.

I have always in the past woken up my girls for school. I would try and wake them up nice and cutsie and all, by rubbing their backs, lightly tickling them, kissing them all over their face, etc. You get the idea.

Until this year.

Now when I try and wake them up (yes, even the little one, although I know where she got it from, her big sister!!) they are all grumpy and snap at me and even try to hold onto the bed so I can't drag them out of bed when I've had enough.

So now they wake up to alarm clocks that are NOT next to their beds. They have to get up out of bed to turn it off. I've caught the eldest climbing back in bed though, so that needs to stop.

I don't mind waking up my children, if they'll wake up and not be grumpy little shits.

But that doesn't seem to be happening and I'm tired of having to deal with their crabbiness. So out came the alarm clocks.

The youngest one loves it because it makes her feel like a big girl like her sister.

Now, if the eldest continues to try and crawl back into bed, I may have to invest in this:

This will actually roll off the table and they HAVE to get up to find it.

I like this.........

1 comment:

Valerie said...

When your kids start using alarm clocks, it's great isn't it? I actually got that rolling alarm clock for my oldest child and it works great! I still need to wake up my younger kids...at this point right now, they would forget to set their alarms anyway!