Monday, December 03, 2007

The Decorations Are Coming Out.....

It's getting closer to Christmas.

The girls and I got out our indoor decorations on Sunday. I have always loved decorating for Christmas. Now that my eldest is getting older, she likes to decorate too and so I let her organize a lot of the way the decorations go.

A friend of mine shared her collection of snow globes with our group of moms and I got to thinking that was a neat way to display them. I don't have that many snow globes (only 3 to be precise), but they all play music. I also have two music box decorations too. And that is, in part because I love music boxes. Other than the Christmas decorations, I have a music box that was my grandma's that came from Switzerland, one that my eldest gave me one year for Christmas and one that hubby gave me for our anniversary once. So I don't necessarily collect them per se, but I do love them. Here is my Christmas collection of snow globes and music boxes:


And they all play different tunes.

I also have friends who have their Christmas villages displayed at Christmas and some of them have shared pictures of them. That got me started on thinking of creating a Christmas village of my own. I finally have an area in my house where I could display them. The table is small, so that will be nice in the fact that I won't be able to get too carried away with it. Today we got a couiple more things for it and when my eldest was putting it on the area, she dropped one and it broke. Well, my creative child decided to use it in the scene, rather than have Daddy try and glue it back together. So in this scene, the woman it literally knocked off her feet by the two people helping them push her car out of the snow..........

Kids. Gotta love them.

No comments: