Every day after school, my youngest always asks to go play on the playground for a little bit. Mind you she gets to do it during recess and lunch recess every day, but I guess she just can't get enough.
So today she asks (after a long talk last night about listening to Mommy and not crying when she doesn't get her way, considering she had a fit when I told her yesterday she couldn't) to go and I say yes. Well, not more than 2 or 3 minutes later, she comes back to me saying she doesn't want to go because she has blisters on her hands.
From the monkey bars.
Yes. The Curse.
I think every little girl gets those blisters from being on the monkey bars when they are little. All their little friends are playing on the monkey bars and so they want to as well, and want to get all the way across.
So we had to come home and bandage up her hands. Because really, those regular bandaids just don't stick well at all on the palm of your hands. At least little ones hands. So I got out the gauze bandages and used that white first-aid tape and taped it to her hands. It made her feel better. And this girl is the QUEEN of bandaids too. I really should buy some stock in it, I buy enough of them!
And then I remembered that my oldest got blisters on the monkey bars too when she was this age. Except hers were much bigger. Blech!
Part of the reason I probably remembered this was because earlier in the day, my friend, Stacie was asking me a question about pregnancy and I honestly couldn't remember so I had to go back into the journal I kept when I was pregnant with my oldest. It's a good thing I did write all of this stuff down, because as they get older, my recollection of these things gets very hazy. I wrote everything down with my eldest.
I just wish I had time to do it when I was pregnant with my youngest. I did write some stuff down though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment