Monday, August 27, 2007

First Day Of School!!!

Today was my girls' first day of school.
The oldest started junior high today, with her snazzy new shoes.

And her new outfit.
The youngest had HER new Dora Shoes.

And her new outfit.
She started Kindergarten.

And they both had to have new backpacks as well.


As I left the school this morning, I was thinking, "Oh my goodness, BOTH of my girls are now in school!" No more preschool, this is actually it!!! My youngest's Kindergarten teacher had all parents stop at the door. At least for the first week. Which I think is a fabulous thing. Get it over and done with, quick and easy. No drawing it out, giving the kids a chance to worry about what it's going to be like without mom and dad, etc. My youngest did great. I could tell that she was a little hesitant while we were waiting, but she got in line with the rest of them, and when it was time to go in, she went in with the rest. Now, this is only the first day, so let's hope the rest of the days will continue like this. I'm not going to say one way or the other, because honestly, I have no idea.

The eldest? Yes, Junior High. Their school is a K-8, so when they get to 7th & 8th grade, they go off to a different section of the school and have different classrooms and periods throughout the day. They don't offer many electives either. She said it was a decent day, but then again, she wasn't looking forward to junior high. Ahhh, once she gets the hang of it, she'll be fine and so used to it, she'll forget what it was like to be in one classroom the entire day. P.E., gym clothes, it all brings back so many memories for me!!!

So now both of my girls are in the same school, for two years. Yippee!!!!!! And another bonus??!!! Not having to pay for preschool anymore!!!!

What did I do all day, you ask? (Because I don't work on Mondays, just Tuesdays, Wednesdays, & Fridays). Well, I went to Michaels, Target and then I had my therapy appointment. But after that I went to my friend's scrapbook store for a while before I had to pick the youngest up. The only thing, she gets out an hour and a half before the eldest! And I live about 10-15 minutes away from the school. So by the time I get home, I have to turn around a 1/2 hour later! So sometimes I will go home, others I will go do errands and then other times I will have my friend bring her home. Back to the carpool thing next week!

No comments: