Sunday, June 25, 2006

Summer Vacation is in Full Swing....

It has now been over a week since my eldest got out of school and is on summer vacation. Geez, can they still call it that now? You know, I know about all this "politically correct" bullshit, but you know, when I was growing up, it was Christmas Vacation, now it's "Winter Break". It was Easter Vacation, now it's "Spring Break" At least there was never any holiday in the Summer Vacation title, so at least it's still called that........

I can tell my eldest is getting bored. She's getting snappy more and more lately. Now, she'll be 11 later this year, so the hormones are starting to come in full swing. She can't wait to be able to do things. She has wanted to shave her legs ALL of 5th grade. I told her that after 5th grade is finished, she can start in the summer, so that way she can get good practice and won't start 6th grade with all those nicks and cuts on her legs that we all did growing up. Of course now they have shaving gels and razors that have "moisture strips" in them to help protect our legs. Hello!!!!????? Why did they not think of that when WE were growing up? I'm sure women have been shaving their legs for a long time before I started, back in the late 70's, you know? So the DAY she got out of school, she went in the bathroom and shaved her legs. Quite a bit of hair to get off there, you know.... Now she's going to have to deal with stubble for the rest of her life.....such is life.....

The girl has more bras now than I did growing up! And of course she likes them to be "padded" a little bit too. Gosh, did we have padded bras growing up or did we just stuff? LOL!! I never stuffed, didn't have to. Some people might say, "Well, LUCKY you!", but I never saw it that way. Growing up I didn't want them to be as big as they were (C cup). I wanted to be able to wear the cute strapless tops or string tank tops or halter tops. Noooooooo.....I had to wear something to support the boobs!

I've already had "the talk" with my eldest. I don't just have ONE talk, I talk about things every now and then. I want her to know that she can come to me about ANYTHING. I want her to know that I know a lot of things that she may not think I know about, but I've either done it, seen it, know someone who has done it, or heard about it.

This world is a scary place nowadays! I think back to when I was young. I had no problem walking to 7-11 by myself. Walking down the street to my friends, not a big deal! A couple of times in high school, my friend, Stacie and I would walk to our friend, Vicki's house, and I think even one time we walked all the way up to Julie's house. Helloooooo!!!??? Yea, can't do THAT anymore! And you know, I don't think that there are really any more perverts or people who want to do bad things to children than there were back then, but I think because we are so aware about it now, people are so much more cautious about it. But you know, you'd think that because there is SOOOO much more awareness about it, that it wouldn't happen as much, but these sickos keep doing it. It's so sad...............

Ahhhh......summer vacations..........I did enjoy them though....................wish I could have one again, just for a little while...............................enough of my ramblings for now..............................

No comments: