We had such a good time at the beach today! I took my girls and my friend and her daughter accompanied us. We didn't get there until noon or so, but that was okay. The older girls LOVED, LOVED going in the ocean, riding the waves on their boogy boards! My little one was a little timid, to say the least, about going in the water at first (which is fine by me, I love sitting on the beach in my beach chair soaking up the sun -- with TONS of sunscreen of course though), but she soon overcame her inhibitions on it. She held my hand the majority of the time, which is still, fine by me! Near the end of our day my friend and I were able to sit in our beach chairs and the older girls took my wee one out in the water. Of course, them being older, wanted to go in deeper, and sort of forgot about the wee one. Well, she wanted to go in with them, so she started going out a little further slowly. I had to get up and usher her back close to the shore, and "remind" the older ones that they needed to stay close to the shore with her.
We ate lunch, the girls played in the sand for a little while, and my friend and I enjoyed watching the lifeguards surf on their breaks
(at least I would HOPE they were on a break!).
Oh, and we also enjoyed the aircraft coming in every so often. We were on a military beach, which, I actually LOVE!! Compared to the rest of the beaches around here, there are VERY minimal amount of people on the beach. I can see my children VERY easily, I'm not freaking out looking for them every second, it's quite relaxing! My friend loved it too. We can't wait to go back again! Of course everytime a helicopter flies overhead, I think I'm in an episode of "China Beach". Man I loved that show! I will definitely be getting THAT when it comes out on DVD!
I love my girls SO incredibly much!!!! Even when they can get on my everlasting nerve, I still am SOOOOO grateful for them!!! I love having days like these.......
No comments:
Post a Comment