It's amazing how far technology has come, hasn't it? I remember getting my first "diary" when I was about 9 or 10. I ALWAYS wrote in it! I had that thing from the time I was 9 until my early 20's! It was such a release for me, to write things down! Gotta love the blogs nowadays, now I can write via the net! Too cool!
Of course the things I write about are far different now, than they were then. Going from writing about the boy you liked, and how he asked you to go steady, but you weren't sure if you wanted to, because it might mean you had to kiss him! To nowadays, "hey, I wonder what I'll make for dinner", and "Wow, you'll never believe the deal I got on the clearance rack at Target!" Damn, things sure change, don't they?
That diary I had, I just loved it so much! But, then came the day when I got married, and moved in with my husband. All of the sudden, it was like, uh oh, he might come across it one day and read it! Let's burn the thing! So I tore it up and threw it away. Gosh, I wish I had never done that! Live and learn! I wish I had put it in a lock box and left it at my mom's. Of course there are things in there that no one should ever read about, but that's what diaries are for, aren't they? Ah, but at least I still have the memories of growing up and all that went on! Maybe I'll share some stuff one day............
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment