Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Aloha!

Greetings from Hawaii!

We just finished Day 2 of our weeklong adventure on Oahu.

I finally am able to get on the internet after a few glitches, I was going through withdrawls, LOL!!

This is our view from our hotel room. We are on Waikiki Beach.

We went for a walk on Pearl Harbor Naval Base.




As much as we can, we have the top down on our rental car.....
Day 2 took us over to visit the USS Arizona Memorial. It is something that I have always wanted to see. Both hubby and I were very choked up on this entire tour. Because hubby is in the Navy, this is an especially import piece of American History to us.

As you can see, you can see the USS Arizona in the water.


This is the air tower at Hickam Field on Ford Island. This air tower was the one that was hit on the attack on Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941. The tower has remained as it was that fateful day.





Tomorrow we are going to do some more sightseeing and then to a luau.

2 comments:

K said...

I rejoice with you and yours! I know exactly where all your photos have been snapped. :-) WHAT FUN!!! enjoy every minute together.
Blessings abundant!

Michelle said...

Continue to have a great time!