Sunday, January 25, 2009

Coronado Orange


My beautiful friend, Stacy, urged me to "put myself out there" and sell my creations. So I took a wild leap and starting crocheting at night when I was watching TV and I started making things. Right now, I have just made some beanie hats and scarves, but I keep finding patterns of things I want to make. And I have accumulated totes and totes of yarn. (I can't help it, Michaels keeps having amazing sales on yarns).

Crocheting is something that I've always loved to do. I started crocheting probably somewhere between 4th and 6th grade. My mom used to crochet and I asked her to teach me. Now this was a feat for my mom, seeing as I'm left handed and she was right handed. But somehow I caught on and learned.

Throughout my life I've mostly made blankets for people. I have made lots of baby blankets, and a few adult blankets too. One year I made a Grateful Dead blanket for my husband. That was a feat in itself, because I had to create the design from scratch and make it in a month. He was out to sea then and I didn't want him to see it, as it was a Christmas present.

In the past 12 years or so, I haven't crocheted much because other things just because life had gotten in the way and I have to watch how long I do it or my arm will start hurting.

So now I only do it at night when I'm watching TV.

I get inspired by colors and textures of yarn I see and patterns I want to try out.

I do plan on putting other things in my Etsy Shop as the inspirations come.

But for now, I have what you see in my Etsy Shop, Coronado Orange.

6 comments:

K said...

Good for you~ and your models are especially cute! :-)

Marcy said...

Congratulations on your new business! I love Etsy... and your things should do terrific - they are beautiful.

I like the models too!

Sueberry said...

VERY COOL & Congrats, Tina, to getting this up & running. XOXO

Anonymous said...

WooHoo!! Your shop is darling as are your models! Congrats on your sales already. I can't wait to see more.

I guess Sue and I have to get on the ball now for sure!

Love ya!

Michelle said...

Way to go on getting your shop up and running. How exciting. The hats and scarfs are really cut. The models aren't bad either. :)

Tina said...

Thank you for all the compliments gals!!! :)