I worry.
I admit it. I worry about shit before I should even think of worry about it.
Tomorrow is the last day of school for my eldest for the summer.
The next upcoming school year, she will be going into 7th grade, the junior high portion of her K-8 school.
We bought a junior high yearbook for a friend who moved away earlier this year.
The eldest was looking through it.
She has a crush on a boy in there who is a year older than her.
So I started perusing through it.
And I see the "Lunch Box Social" pages.
It's where girls put together a lunch and the boys bid on it.
The boys do the same later on in the year.
So I worry that no boy is going to bid on her lunch, should she decide to do it.
And that she will be crushed.
She's starting to enter an age where it's starting to be a "social status" thing too.
It's not that she's unpopular.
But I know that she's not SUPER popular either.
I watched her at the 6th grade picnic today.
I did see times where she was just walking around by herself.
It made my heart break a little.
But the good thing was that it was only for a short time, and most of the time I did see her with friends, or playing volleyball.
Like I said. I worry.
I do encourage her to get involved with sports and school activities.
And she is a really good soccer player.
And good with softball too.
And I told her today that when she does get a boyfriend or a guy that likes her, that she shouldn't put aside her aspirations just because of him.
That if she has a softball or soccer or volleyball game, he should be interested in her interests as well, as her being interested in his.
I want her to be confident in herself.
And proud of herself.
But not conceited, obviously.
But the whole boy issue....
I know hubby certainly is not ready for any of this to be starting.
Boys can be such self-esteem breakers.
Because the hormones are raging and causing girls to be insecure at times.
Especially with the whole puberty thing.
I just hope she has good enough friends that are good enough friends, you know?
I did.
And still do.
Not that I have to worry about boys anymore.
I got mine.
And he's definitely a keeper!
Okay.
Enough rambling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment