Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Anyone want a truck that doesn't work?

Because that's what I have in my driveway.

Shortly before hubby went out to sea, he was starting up his truck and it made a very LOUD noise when the engine was running. So he's thinking it "threw a rod".

Whatever that means. All I know is that it has something to do with the engine. Which is not a good thing.

So he's out to sea now and so I have it towed to the repair shop (because you are NOT to drive a car when it has "thrown a rod". See, you learn something new every day) and this morning they give me an estimate.

Over FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS!!!

Okay, the truck isn't even worth that much when it was running!

Yea, no, don't think so. Sorry, not going to happen.

So I have them tow it back to my house to put it in my driveway.

Well, the tow truck has to position the truck in a perpendicular way to the street so as to put the truck back in the drivway. So of course this blocks traffic.

And it just happens to be during the time of day when people are coming home from work. Most people are fine with it, some able to squeeze around. One guy who does manage to squeeze around starts yelling at me and the tow truck driver that we're blocking traffic.

Really.

Like we didn't know that.

He starts spouting off as to why don't we just park it on the street.

Yea bud, like I'm going to park a truck that DOESN'T WORK on the street for four months when I have a driveway to put it in.

So I start yelling at him, almost to the point of screaming because I am so pissed off at him that the truck doesn't run and then he takes off and I flip him off.

It's a good thing he did take off because I would have continued to yell at him and curse him out and give him holy hell. And come back with some GOOD comebacks. Of course I think of all of this AFTER he drives off.

I guess I freaked out my eldest because I was yelling at him. I told her it was okay, I was just yelling at him, I certainly wasn't afraid of him.

Then it got me mad that there are people like this in the world, who don't care about waiting for other people, or even think what people's situations are. All they think about is them, and how they are inconvenienced.

So now when hubby gets back home, he will be getting a new truck about a year earlier than we had planned, but again, that seems to be our life this year.

No comments: