Monday, July 17, 2006

Some Things Change, Some Things Stay The Same......

I was taking my two girls, along with the eldest's friend to daycamp this morning. My eldest's friend started talking about "The Ghost of Bloody Mary". Oh my goodness, I TOTALLY remember about that when I was their age! Talking about how if you closed your eyes really tight, spun around 13 times and said something about believing in the ghost of Bloody Mary, you would see her in the bathroom mirror. LOL!!!

Oh, and then she was talking about how if you had a friend lie down and then you push down on her and then you all can lift her up with just your fingers and she would levitate. I SOOOOOO remember doing that between 4th & 6th grade!

I just sat in the front seat driving the car and grinning, because I just find is SOOO fascinating how some "legends" just keep repeating themselves, and they seem to be around the same ages for each generation.

There's new technology out there, so many things out there that weren't created when I was a pre-teen, yet kids are still fascinated by "The Ghost of Bloody Mary" and levitating your friends at a sleepover.

No comments: