I do think I certainly do a lot more than I used to. I used to weigh 20 more pounds than I do now, not exercise, barely clean, and be cranky a lot. I'm telling you, finding time to exercise in my busy schedule was rough. So I did what my SIL did, I woke up earlier than everybody else and did it then. Now I certainly don't get up as early as she does, or run, like she does, but I do get up and get my exercise in. It definitely has made a difference in how I feel about myself, and I actually get a lot more accomplished now too, now that I have more energy. Will I become an "Uber Mom", hmmmmm, by the true definition, probably not, but I like to do what I can. I am helping out more at my child's school, I work part-time, the house is looking cleaner, it's starting to get back to what it was before I had child number two, and the errands are getting done. Of course I did miss an orthodontist appointment for my child............ Whoops!
Wednesday, September 07, 2005
UberMom anyone?
I don't know if you've heard the term "UberMom" before or not. It's one of those moms who does EVERYTHING. Cook, clean, take care of the kids, even work, help out at school, take them all to soccer/softball/whatever practice, have a fabulous body, shop, etc, etc.... you get the gist. And all without taking their kids ADHD medication. Now seriously, who can do all that and remain completely sane? There are some moms at my child's school who would sometimes be considered an "Uber Mom". But then you get to know them, and hey, they don't always do it all themselves, sometimes they get help. Some have maids so they don't have to clean. Some don't have other hobbies. Some only have one child to take care of. Some have husbands who do the cooking or other stuff. It definitely empowers me when I realize that, "Hey, they aren't perfect. They do have flaws". Hmmmm....makes me feel like I am actually accomplishing something.
I do think I certainly do a lot more than I used to. I used to weigh 20 more pounds than I do now, not exercise, barely clean, and be cranky a lot. I'm telling you, finding time to exercise in my busy schedule was rough. So I did what my SIL did, I woke up earlier than everybody else and did it then. Now I certainly don't get up as early as she does, or run, like she does, but I do get up and get my exercise in. It definitely has made a difference in how I feel about myself, and I actually get a lot more accomplished now too, now that I have more energy. Will I become an "Uber Mom", hmmmmm, by the true definition, probably not, but I like to do what I can. I am helping out more at my child's school, I work part-time, the house is looking cleaner, it's starting to get back to what it was before I had child number two, and the errands are getting done. Of course I did miss an orthodontist appointment for my child............ Whoops!
I do think I certainly do a lot more than I used to. I used to weigh 20 more pounds than I do now, not exercise, barely clean, and be cranky a lot. I'm telling you, finding time to exercise in my busy schedule was rough. So I did what my SIL did, I woke up earlier than everybody else and did it then. Now I certainly don't get up as early as she does, or run, like she does, but I do get up and get my exercise in. It definitely has made a difference in how I feel about myself, and I actually get a lot more accomplished now too, now that I have more energy. Will I become an "Uber Mom", hmmmmm, by the true definition, probably not, but I like to do what I can. I am helping out more at my child's school, I work part-time, the house is looking cleaner, it's starting to get back to what it was before I had child number two, and the errands are getting done. Of course I did miss an orthodontist appointment for my child............ Whoops!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment